Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive



I don't consider myself a writer, but I've always been decent at writing and expressing myself on paper. I'm pretty good with grammar and I'm an excellent speller (not that it matters much in the days of auto spell check), but there's much more to that than writing professionally. Developing ideas, working with editors, opening yourself of to scrutiny from the public, being forced to take a stance and "be seen"... they're all things I've had to learn how to do.

You know what, I'm gonna cut this intro short because it's not what I intended this post to be about. The basic gist of what you have to know is, I'm getting to the point in my "career" where I get to interview famous people and it makes me slightly nervous.

I've been offered various interviews by my superiors sparingly over the last year and a half or so, and up until now I've turned them all down. I've never considered myself a professional, so I just didn't think want to make an ass of myself talking to someone I wasn't a fan of. I figured.... theres no way I could fail at an interview if it happened to be an artist I knew ALOT about.

So anyways, earlier this week my boss asked me to interview Kid Sister, who is an up and coming female rapper out of Chicago, I've heard of her before due to the music video she had with Kanye West a while back but outside of that I'd never listened to any of her stuff. Following with my previously mentioned reasoning.... I turned the interview down, but my boss sorta pushed me and said "aww come on...it's just a 10 minute interview it'll be easy". So I took the plunge... said yes.... and immediately began googling her to find out everything I could dig up.

I can't say I was nervous interviewing her... because I wasn't, I was moreso concerned abotu NOT sounding like an ass, and not asking dumb questions. The phone interview was at 10am, and I was so fucking sleepy... when Kid Sister picked up the phone I could tell she was tired as well... at least she sounded like it.


I won't bore you with the specifics but I did okay ... not good, not great, not horrible... just okay. There were too many "uhhs..and umms...and "likes" on my part, so I definitely need to work on speaking clearly, knowing exactly what im going to say, and how I'm going to phrase it. I also need to work on my skills for asking follow up questions to get the artist to clarify what they mean.

In a way I guess it's good that I got to start with an up and coming artist who isn't one of my all time faves. I can't even imagine how much of an ass I would have made of myself if I were interviewing Snoop Dogg or DJ Quik or Jay-Z or something....


I may or may not be interviewing The Clipse in the near future... i know this is a big step up in terms of artist popularity... but we'll see... I'm definitely gonna try to work on my skills.

(0) Comments

Post a Comment